It is intended for ROBLOX gamers and game developers to develop various games. It’s a world-renowned gaming platform that can be accessed on almost any platform. However, you may encounter a Roblox279 error while playing the game. Therefore, you will lose your game progress in the saved file. This is a generic hardware error reported due to connectivity issues. When this problem occurs, you cannot connect to the server. Read on to learn how to fix Roblox error code 279.
How to fix Roblox error 279 on Windows 10
It was created by ROBLOX 2004 Boss David Baschukki & Eric Kassel. Millions of users join our virtual platform daily to share, play, learn, and interact in the global digital game development process. Moreover, it is more than just a gaming platform; it is popular with both genders, with over 40% of female users worldwide.
Often I need help connecting to the server as I get the following error:
Luckily, this guide has compiled a list of possible causes for the Roblox279 error code and troubleshooting solutions to fix the same issue.
Reasons behind Roblox error 279
- The game cannot be accessed if the Windows Defender Firewall blocks the game/application due to content filtering. We recommend allowing the game or temporarily disabling Windows Defender Firewall to fix the issue.
- Similarly, you will get this error if your antivirus blocks the app. Temporarily disable it to see if the issue is fixed.
Suppose your network connection is slower than the basic requirements of your game or application. In that case, it will be unfit to establish a stable internet connection to the game server, causing such errors.
Such errors occur when a necessary game element is missing or corrupted. I get a blank screen and no sound. If this happens, you will have to reinstall the game.
Adding too many browser extensions to your web browser can cause this error. Also, if you’re using an older browser, you may get the same error code.
You need to prepare DNS tag-level port forwarding technology to avoid this problem. Updating your IP address, changing your DNS server, or setting up port forwarding on your router may fix this issue.
Regardless of the reason, you can easily fix Roblox error code 279 on Windows 10 by following the below-listed troubleshooting solutions.
Method 1: Troubleshooting Router Settings
Use any options to troubleshoot internet connection issues and fix Roblox error 279.
Option 1: Reboot your router.
Rebooting your router will restart your network connection. Few users have reported that rebooting their router puts all certain changes to configuration settings into effect.
- Find the button on the back of the router. Press the button twice to power off your router.
- Unplug the power cable and wait until the power is completely drained from the capacitor.
- Wait 30 minutes before power cycling and wait for it to reconnect to the network.
Option 2: Enable Port Forwarding
Roblox includes a set of port ranges required to establish a stable network connection with your router. You will get this error if you need more ports to open. You can enable this port forwarding feature by following the steps below.
Also Read: How to fix the “This PC can’t run Windows 10” error in Windows 11
Port forwarding settings depend on your router’s make and model.
- Search the default gateway address command in the router’s config / all command prompt, as shown below.
- Launch your web browser and navigate to the address default gateway of your router.
- Login credentials and username here.
- Then go to Options Port Forwarding Virtual Server. Click the button Add.
- Then enter the port UDP as follows:
ROBLOX PC port
UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
- Finally, click the “Save” “Implementation” to save your changes.
- Now restart your router and computer. Check if the issue is resolved.
Option 3: Reset your router
If the error persists after restarting your router, you can reset your router settings. Before doing this, you should understand:
Resetting the router returns it to its factory settings.
All settings and preferences, such as forwarded ports, blocklisted connections, credentials, etc., will be erased.
After resetting, the router will return to its default settings and authentication password.
However, to reset your router, note all these details before following these steps.
- Open Router Settings and log in using the default gateway IP address.
- Make a note of all configuration settings. Claim them after resetting your router, as you may lose your ISP credentials if you use a protocol P2P (point-to-point protocol over the internet )
- Press the Reset Router button for 10-30 seconds.
You must use a pointing device such as a pin or toothpick to press the reset button.
- The router will power off automatically, then turn it on again. You can release the button when the light starts blinking.
- Re-enter the configuration details of the router on the web page and reboot the router.
Method 2: Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter
Running the network adapter troubleshooter might resolve a malfunctioning Ethernet connection and fix Roblox error code 279.
This method is applicable not only for Windows 10 but also for Windows 7 and 8.1.
- Press Windows + I Settings to run simultaneously.
- Click on the square Update & Security, as shown.
- Go to the menu “Find and fix mistakes” from the right pane and select Find and fix other problems in the right pane.
- Select Network Adapter Troubleshooter. Click the button “Run the troubleshooter,” as explained.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to find and fix the problem. Once the process is complete, follow the on-screen instructions to restart your computer.
Method 3: Update IP Configuration
A few users reported that they could fix the Code 279 error by updating their IP configuration as follows.
- Press Windows, type command prompt, and click Run as administrator.
- Type the following commands individually and press Enter after typing each one.
- Additionally, run the command ipconfig /flush DNS as indicated.
- Finally, restart your PC, which is running Windows.
Also, Read 11 Easy Ways to Disable Delivery Optimization in Windows 4.
Method 4: Change Your DNS Settings
DNS stands for Domain Name System, Domain Name Server, or Domain Name Service. Connect to the website via IP address. There may be some incorrect DNS settings that can cause the Roblox279 error. To fix the problem, change your Windows 10 DNS settings.
Method 5: Allow Roblox Through Windows Defender Firewall.
In some cases, potential programs are also blocked by built-in firewall software. We recommend adding an exception to your software to fix the Roblox error 279 issues:
- Click Windows Search in the type console bar. Open.
- Here, click View By> Large IconsWindowsDefender FirewallFollow.
- Then tap on Allow apps or Features through Windows Defender Firewall.
4A. Search and allow ROBLOX private and public checkboxes through the firewall.
4b. Alternatively, you can click Change settings, then the button Allow apps by … Browse to Roblox apps and add them to the list. Then select the checkbox corresponding to it.
- Finally, tap “Okay” to save your changes.
Method 6: Add Roblox App Exclusion
If Windows Firewall is not causing conflicts with Roblox, antivirus software on your system may be blocking Roblox. And vice versa. You can add an exception to fix Roblox error code 279 on Windows 10 PC.
Option 1: Use Windows Security App
- Press Windows and type Virus and Threat Protection. Press Enter.
- Then click Manage settings.
- Scroll down and tap Add or Remove Exceptions, as shown below.
- In the tab ‘Exceptions,’ select one option, ‘Add an exception,‘ Click ‘File’ as shown.
- Next, install the file directory program and select the location of Roblox files.
- Wait for the tools to be added to the safety group; you are ready to begin.
Option 2: Via a 3rd party antivirus
As an example, I gave the steps for Avast Free Antivirus.
- Turn on Avast Antivirus, then click on the menu option from the top right corner, as shown.
- Now, click “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- In the general menu, go to Forbidden and Allowed Applications.
- Click “Allow an application” under the Allowed Apps list section as indicated.
5a. Then click Dislike, and add the corresponding application path to the ROBLOX allowlist.
Below, I have shown how to add the app installer as an exception.
5b. Alternatively, you can browse the Roblox app by selecting the option Select app path. Click the ADD button.
Method 6: Switch to Another Browser
Roblox is compatible with Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. If you are using any other browser, you will get this error. We recommend switching your web browser to a compatible browser for uninterrupted streaming. After switching browsers, check if the problem is resolved.
It is important to determine if it is a browser error, so we do not recommend skipping this method.
The error is browser-related if you can access the game in other browsers (previous browsers did not). Try refreshing or resetting your browser as described in the next method.
Google Chrome is the preferred one for Roblox, so we will tell you how to do it for Chrome. If you’re using another browser, follow the steps accordingly.
Also Read: 11 Legitimate Windows Processes That Look Like Malware
Method 7: Remove Malware from Chrome
It slows down your PC because your device has a few incompatible software. This can be fixed by removing it completely from your system.
- Turn on Google Chrome Click on the three-point icon.
- Here, select the option Settings.
- Now, click on Advanced settings in the right pane and select Options Reset and Clean up.
- Now select the option Cleaning your computer, as shown below.
- Now, click the button “Search” to allow Chrome to detect malware on your computer.
- Wait for the process to complete and remove the malware detected by Google Chrome. Reboot your system and see if the issue is resolved.
Method 8: Disable Browser Add-ons (if applicable)
Too many tabs on your system can slow your browser and computer. In this case, the system will not function properly, and you will get Roblox error code 279. Now you can close all unnecessary tabs and restart your system.
If you’ve closed all tabs and still have problems, try disabling all unnecessary extensions as follows:
- Launch your browser Google Chrome Click on the three-point icon.
- Now, More Tools > Plugins, as shown below.
- Finally, turn off the toggle for the extensions you want to disable.
I showed Grammarly for Chrome as an example.
- Repeat the same for all heavy extensions you don’t need. Refresh your browser to see if the issue is resolved.
Method 9: Reset Chrome
Resetting Chrome restores the browser to its default settings and may fix Roblox error 279.
- Open Google Chrome Go to chrome://settings/reset
- As prominently shown, Click Options and Restore to my original default settings.
- Then confirm the action by clicking the button “Reset settings.”
Method 10: Reinstall Roblox
If none of the methods worked, try reinstalling Roblox as a last resort.
- Press Windows, type Applications and Features and click Open.
- Search the ROBLOX Search field for this listing. Find Roblox Player and click Uninstall, as below.
- Once again, tap “Uninstall” to confirm again.
- Wait for it to finish uninstalling Roblox for Windows from your computer.
If the program is uninstalled, you can search for it again to check. You will receive a message. I couldn’t find anything to show here. Please double-check the search conditions as shown.
- Go to Robox’s official website and select games.
- Click the button Employment, as shown in the image below.
- Then click the button Download and install Roblox.
- After downloading the setup file, open the Roblox Player launcher by double-clicking it.
- Wait for the operating system to finish installing Roblox.
- You will see a message like Roblox installed successfully. as shown.
- Restart the app and start playing.
I hope you find this guide helpful. You can fix error—279 on the ROBLOX system. Please let me know which method is best. Also, if you have any questions or suggestions regarding this article, leave them in the comments section.
What is Roblox Error 279?
Roblox Error 279 is a connection error that prevents players from connecting to Roblox games. The error message typically reads, “Failed to connect to the game. Error Code 279.”
What causes Roblox Error 279?
There are a number of things that can cause Roblox Error 279, including:
- A problem with your internet connection
- A problem with Roblox’s servers
- A problem with your antivirus or firewall software
- A problem with your computer’s DNS settings
- A problem with your Roblox account
How to fix Roblox Error 279
If you are getting Roblox Error 279, here are a few things you can try to fix it:
- Check your internet connection. Ensure you are connected to the internet and that your connection is strong enough to play Roblox.
- Restart your router. Sometimes restarting your router can fix connection problems.
- Disable your antivirus or firewall software. Sometimes antivirus or firewall software can interfere with Roblox’s connection.
- Flush your DNS. DNS is a system that translates website addresses into IP addresses. Flushing your DNS can sometimes fix connection problems.
- Contact Roblox support. If you have tried all of the above and are still getting Roblox Error 279, you can contact Roblox support for help.
Here are some additional tips for fixing Roblox Error 279:
- Try using a different internet connection, such as a mobile hotspot or a friend’s Wi-Fi.
- Try using a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.
- Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox.