Millions of Americans use TicketMaster to buy and sell tickets online for sporting events like the NFL and NBA, concerts, family celebrations, and more. However, this platform, like other online services, has some bugs and problems. When I purchase tickets online and try to pay through the payment gateway, I get an error code. This problem occurs on both cell phones and desktop browsers. This Article details a step-by-step guide to fix Ticketmaster Error Code 0011 and resolve this issue.
What Causes Ticketmaster to Refuse Service?
As we have previously discussed, it is common to see Error code 0011 when trying to purchase tickets on Ticketmaster. This may be due to too many cookies in your browser, but there may be other reasons as well.
To make it easier for you to figure out what’s causing the error, let’s devise a list of potential factors that could be involved.
If you’re having issues purchasing tickets on TicketMaster and the error code 0011 keeps popping up, there could be a few reasons. Here are some things to watch out for:
|Ticket Master be like: Concert Ticket: $40 Venue Fee: $21.32|
|Access Fee: $18.32
|Paperless Transmission Fee: $12.03 Fee Fee: $8.84|
|Fee Fi Fo Fum Fee: $8.84|
|Cuz We Can Fee: $2.01|
|Might As Well Fee: $1.89|
|What You Gonna Do About it Fee: $3 Another Dollar Won't Hurt Fee: $1|
Let’s discuss the fixes in the next section.
How do I fix the Ticketmaster Error Code 0011?
We’ve done some research on the error code 0011 you’re experiencing on TicketMaster. Luckily, we found some really great advice from other users who’ve experienced the same issue and tips from TicketMaster’s support team on How to Fix it.
We will discuss those fixes in detail here.
Tips to Avoid Mistakes When Buying Tickets
- To avoid problems, please use only one device, browser, or tab.
- It’s best to steer clear of public Wi-Fi networks, such as those found at cafes or your workplace.
- It’s best not to share links with friends or copy URLs between devices to protect your information.
To make sure everything is ok, it may be helpful to check your order history before attempting another purchase. As soon as you sign in, you can check the status of your past orders on the web page. If you do not find what you are looking for, feel free to try again.
Server issues Check
Hey! It’s important to check for a server issue with TicketMaster ticket purchases in your area before trying any of the suggested fixes.
Before you do anything else, it’s always a good idea to see if anyone in your area is also having issues with the service. You can easily do this by using helpful websites like DownDetector or IsItDown RightNow.
If you’re having trouble, looking at your local TicketMaster Twitter account might be helpful. You could see if other users in your area are experiencing similar issues.
If it turns out that the server is causing the issue, unfortunately, we’ll have to wait for TicketMaster to fix it.
If you do not see any issues with the server, feel free to try the next solution.
Browser Cache Clear
If deleting cookies didn’t solve the issue, you might want to try deleting temporary data as well. Occasionally, your browser accumulates excessive caches, causing disruptions in the smooth functioning of the web portal. Before, we recommended clearing all cookies from the web portal.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to achieve this:
- Open Chrome and click the icon in the browser’s top right corner.
- Access privacy and security settings in the menu under “Settings.” Look for the “Privacy and Security” section. To clear the view data, click the Clear View Data button.
- Click the “Remove Data” button and wait until the process is complete.
- You can try restarting your web browser and accessing the site again to fix Ticketmaster error code 0011.
Try Using incognito Mode.
Hey! If you have problems with Ticketmaster, it may be due to third-party extensions. It can be tedious to go through them one by one and find out what is causing the problem but don’t worry, there is an easier fix! Just try incognito mode. This will disable all extensions, and you will be able to access Ticketmaster without any issues. Give it a try, and let me know if it works for you!
|Ticket Master Venue Fee:|
|Verified Resale Tickets: $6.00 x 2|
|Service Fee: $5.00 x 2|
|Order Processing Fee|
|Delivery Go Mobile|
For Ticketmaster error code 0011, I have a suggestion that might help. Try incognito mode! This will disable any extensions that might be causing problems, and it’s easy to do. Let me know how you are!
Disable VPNs and Proxy Servers
Ticketmaster may not work properly using a virtual network or proxy server. This is especially problematic for payments. We recommend disabling VPNs and proxies before accessing websites to resolve this issue. Here are the steps to do this:
Turn Off Proxy
- To open the Run dialog box, use the keyboard shortcut Windows+R.
- Type “.cpl” and hit enter. Keep in mind that this will bring up the Internet Properties page.
- To access LAN settings, go to the Connections section and tap the LAN Settings button at the bottom right corner.
- Next, go to the Proxy Server page from the LAN Settings page.
- To remove the proxy server, uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and click OK.
- Restart and check if Ticketmaster Error Code 0011 is fixed.
Turn Off VPN
- To turn off the VPN, uninstall the software from your computer. Open the Run dialog box with the Windows+R shortcut keys.
- To open the Features page and Programs, enter Cpl into the app and press Enter.
- Uninstall the VPN app, restart your computer, and access Ticketmaster to fix the issue.
Visit Ticketmaster’s Official Website or Social Media.
Here are the links to Ticketmaster’s official website and social media:
- Website: https://www.ticketmaster.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ticketmaster
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ticketmaster
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ticketmaster/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ticketmaster
To access the official Ticketmaster website for your country, change “.com” to your country code. For Example, the UK website is https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/.
Browse, search, or create an account on the Ticketmaster website to purchase tickets. Follow them on social media for event updates and promotions.
Follow Ticketmaster’s customer Support channels for live Updates.
Ticketmaster offers several customer support channels where you can get real-time updates about your tickets or account. Here are the channels you can follow:
- Website: Ticketmaster’s website has a dedicated customer support section where you can find answers to frequently asked questions, contact customer support, and view live updates.
- Social media: Ticketmaster is active on social media, and you can follow their accounts to get live updates on events, promotions, and customer service announcements.
- Email: You can also sign up for Ticketmaster’s email list to receive live updates on your tickets and account.
Here are some of the benefits of following Ticketmaster’s customer support channels:
- Get live updates on your tickets and account: You can stay up-to-date on the status of your tickets, any changes to your account, and upcoming events.
- Get answers to your questions: You can get answers to your questions about your tickets, account, or events.
- Get help with problems: If you have a problem with your tickets or account, you can contact customer support for help.
Contacting Ticketmaster Support
There are a few ways to contact Ticketmaster support. You can:
- Visit the Ticketmaster Help Center: The Ticketmaster Help Center is a great place to start if you have a question about your tickets or an issue with your account. You can search the Help Center for answers to frequently asked questions or contact customer support directly.
- Chat with a customer service representative: If you need immediate assistance, you can chat with a customer service representative 24/7. Simply sign in to your Ticketmaster account and click the “Live Chat” button to chat.
- Call customer service: If you prefer to speak to someone on the phone, you can call Ticketmaster customer service at 1-800-745-3000.
Here are some additional tips for contacting Ticketmaster support:
- Have your order number or ticket number handy: This will help the customer service representative quickly identify your account and resolve your issue.
- Be as specific as possible about your issue: The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for the customer service representative to help you.
- Be patient: Customer service representatives are often busy, so it may take time to get through to them.
If you’re having trouble completing a purchase on the platform and see error code 0011, don’t worry! It could be caused by a variety of factors, but we’ve got you covered. We’ve provided some helpful solutions that you can try out to get the platform working again on your own. Of course, if you still need further assistance, our support team is always here to help.
What is Ticketmaster Error Code 0011?
Ticketmaster error code 0011 is a generic error message that can occur for various reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Server issues: Ticketmaster’s servers may be experiencing temporary errors.
- Browser issues: Your browser may be outdated or have corrupted cookies.
- VPN or proxy issues: If you use a VPN or proxy, try disabling it to see if the error disappears.
- Account issues: There may be a problem with your Ticketmaster account.
How do I fix Ticketmaster Error Code 0011?
Here are some steps you can take to try to fix Ticketmaster error code 0011:
Here are some additional tips for fixing Ticketmaster error code 0011:
- Check Ticketmaster’s servers: Visit Ticketmaster’s website or social media to see if there are any known server issues.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies: This can help resolve browser-related issues.
- Disable your VPN or proxy: If you use a VPN or proxy, try disabling it to see if the error disappears.
- Log out of your Ticketmaster account and log back in: This can sometimes help resolve account-related issues.
- Contact Ticketmaster support: If you still encounter errors after trying all of the above steps, please contact Ticketmaster support.
- Try using a different browser: If you use a popular browser like Chrome or Firefox, try a different browser to see if the error disappears.
- Try using a different device: If you use a laptop or desktop computer, try using a smartphone or tablet to see if the error disappears.
- Try purchasing tickets later: If you are trying to purchase tickets for a popular event, try purchasing tickets later when the demand may be lower.